Should You Trade In Or Sell Your Car?
What should you do? It’s time to buy a new car and you’ve chosen a new Toyota, but you have your old car still. Before you can complete your purchase you have to do something with it. It’s not totally worthless, so giving it away to a charity isn’t necessarily your best option. That leaves two options – should you trade in or sell your car?
Trade in or Sell – Which is Better for You?
Sell Your Car Privately
Selling your car privately is an option that you might want to explore. It has benefits as well as detractors, and you’ll have to weigh it out for yourself. Consider these things:
- Is your car safety inspected and certified? If your car hasn’t passed a safety inspection, you can expect that buyers will be less willing to pay what your car is worth. Having your car certified adds value, however, and that may mean you’ll get more by selling your car privately than trading it in.
- Do you have the time to sell your car privately? From listing your car online and taking photos to responding to inquiries and meeting potential buyers, selling a car is time-consuming. Is it worth the extra money you’ll receive to go through the hassle?
- Is your car in good shape? Have you cleaned your car inside and out, making it look as presentable as possible to get the best results from your sale? That might mean installing new tires, fixing dents, and even paintwork to get it ready for sale. It can cost a fair bit of money as well.
Trading In Your Car
Another viable option is trading in your car at the dealership, Jay Wolfe Toyota. Think about these things to help you decide what’s best for you:
- Do you want the process to be done quickly with as little hassle as possible? Trading in your car is the fastest way to get rid of it, even if you might get a little more money by selling it privately.
- You don’t have to do anything to your car. You don’t need to fix it up or certify it first when you trade it in – the dealership is going to do that themselves. If you don’t have the money on hand to perform vehicle repairs before you sell it, trading in is a great option.
- Are you concerned about safety when you’re meeting buyers? When you trade in your car, you don’t need to worry about shady tire-kickers. It’s all handled in the safe environment of the dealership.
Whether you choose to trade in or sell your car on your own, Jay Wolfe Toyota is the best choice you can make in the Kansas City area when buying a new car. Choose from one of our new Toyota models or from our wide selection of used and Certified Pre-Owned cars. We’re honored that you’ve chosen us!